Start a Business
Are you interested in starting your own business? We provide entrepreneurial development for transitioning service members through our Boots2Business program.
In addition, you can take a business start-up training course to learn everything you need to know to start and manage a successful business.
Business Start-Up Training – Course Overview
Starting a new business can be very exciting, but also overwhelming. There are so many things to consider; such as setting up operations, meeting legal requirements, accurately pricing your product or service, creating a marketing strategy, and financial considerations. Above all, you want this business to be profitable.
Eight weeks of Weekly Webinar classes – Engage and interact in a live online classroom taught by experienced business professionals. Textbook reading, video presentations, and assigned homework are all part of the experience.
What You Will Learn
In this 8 week webinar class you will learn:
- How to test if your business idea is feasible
- How to develop a clear business vision and mission
- How to structure your business entity and meet legal requirements.
- How to find the best location for your business.
- How to create a brand identity and stand out above your competition.
- How to implement a marketing strategy to bring in a steady stream of customers.
- How to understand financial statements and project cash flow.
- How to make decisions based on data instead of assumptions.
- How to create a professional business plan to attract financing.
- How to avoid common mistakes most new business owners make.
This training class is offered via webinar format with a live instructor.
Webinar Trainings are live workshops that are viewed from your computer, where you can interact with the instructor and the other students. Webinar Training is a great way to learn, because you can learn from the convenience of your home or office.
Each live webinar classes will be recorded, so if you miss a class, you will be able to watch the class video at your leisure. Class recordings are generally made available within 24 hours after class was held.
Here’s What’s Included
To help you prepare for starting your own business, our course includes:
- 8 Weeks of Online Classroom Instruction , meeting once per week
- 6 months of Business Counseling and Technical Assistance
- Business Planning Template & necessary handouts.
- Access to class recordings.
- Networking Opportunities with other aspiring business owners.